This Page

has been moved to new address

Spiritual Attack and Fretting (Part 2): Timely Tips on Tuesday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Spiritual Attack and Fretting (Part 2): Timely Tips on Tuesday

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Spiritual Attack and Fretting (Part 2): Timely Tips on Tuesday

Reading from Psalms and Proverbs is excellent, but God never ceases to amaze me also by using whatever Scripture is on the schedule in my daily reading plan (I use the "Read Through the Bible in a Year" plan from Discipleship Journal) to speak directly to my heart and situation.

Help for Fretting
God also uses unique and personal ways to teach me and this is how He did it this time:
  1. First, He reminded me that every time I feel truly overwhelmed, and am sure there's absolutely no way I can accomplish all I have to do, He answers my cry for help by removing some upcoming thing I've been fretting aboutOne or all of my responsibilities or scheduled events is canceled because of an illness, or weather, or something (e.g. "Major snowstorm shuts down all travel in Minnesota.") This has happened so often that I have almost come to expect it!  Which in some strange way has helped me not to worry!  What's to worry about if God is going to cancel everything before it happens anyway?!  But He had to remind me of this in my Quiet Time on Monday morning. Then, later in the day, He confirmed this rebuke of my fretting when He allowed my daughter to come down with strep throat! (Not that I'm rejoicing that my daughter got sick!) But, this canceled the event I'd been fretting about: dinner guests coming Wednesday night!
  2. Then, on Tuesday, God sat me down and gave me a "talking-to"! And He used my very own words to do it, as I exhorted and encouraged a friend on the phone "to lean on the Lord, to trust Him to help her, to not grow weary in well-doing and to finish the course well and persevere."  Everything I needed to hear and do myself! In giving me the opportunity to help someone else, God helped me. (Isn't He wonderful?!) 
  3. God finished off this lesson on fretting when He used the words of people close to me to humble me, and I felt very broken, but when I went to my knees before Him, I was now in a very teachable state, as I cried out to Him in prayer. I realized and remembered, there on my knees, that I have been asking for "grace" a lot lately, and that in the Bible, God says, "He giveth grace to the humble." ("But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:6-7)  Instead of worrying and fretting, I needed to be humble and accept the grace that is mine through Christ, and believe that "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4:13)  So, I thanked Him for the trials I had recently come through and the painful, humbling words I had just received, because they were the prerequisites for the grace that I'd been praying for and needed.
God was good to show me that He loves me, He has everything under control, and there's nothing to worry about!

post signature

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home