This Page

has been moved to new address

Thankful Thursday: Drink It Up!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Thankful Thursday: Drink It Up!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Drink It Up!


I  recently heard it suggested that, for better health, you should drink a liter of water the first thing in the morning, before you do anything else.   (1 liter = 33.8140226 US fluid ounces!)

For many a moon, I've been a water-drinking fanatic, I guess you could say.  My family simply rolls their eyes when I suggest drinking water as the cure for seemingly every complaint!  But, it does seem to affect every area of our physical lives!

Here are some of the things drinking water does for me!

Drinking water:
  • Regulates my body temperature
  • Cleanses my system of impurities
  • Helps my digestion and keeps me regular
  • Helps me lose weight by making me feel full
  • Keeps me from getting sick (and if I add lemon to my water, it becomes a natural antibiotic when I am sick!)
  • Gives me energy
  • Keeps me from getting headaches
  • Is a natural moisturizer for my skin
So, after hearing this advice, I naturally pulled out my 32 oz. water bottle, and have been  trying to drink at least half a gallon of water before lunch everyday, starting with downing my 32 oz. water-bottlefull first thing in the morning (or as close to it as possible).  Lately, I've even drunk more than a gallon during the day.  But, I have to think about it, or I forget!  That's because I haven't really established this good habit yet.

This whole water thing got me to thinking of spiritual analogies.  I started thinking of ways that drinking water is similar to reading my Bible and I actually thought of quite a few!

  • We must drink water, but not just any water.  We not only need to drink pure drinking water, but spiritually, we must have Jesus Christ, the Living Water.  We find Him throughout the Word of God.  Anything else is tainted and will cause us to be soul-sick or diseased.
  •  Water must be available.  If you don't have your Bible, you can't read it, no matter how "thirsty" you are!
  • Water must be of good quality.  Just any old translation won't do.
  • Water must be pure.  We are not to tolerate any adding or subtracting to the Scriptures.
  • I need a water filter to filter out what's bad for me, so that the water is able to help me.  The Holy Spirit is like a filter, allowing me to understand the Word so that it can be applied to my heart and life.
  • Water must be actually swallowed to do any good.  God, in the book of James, says we must be doers of the Word, not just hearers only. It's no good to just hear it, you have to believe it and do it.
  • Drinking water is always advised, but seldom taken in the quantities suggested.  You always hear people say, "Yes, I should drink more water." And, "Yes, I should read my Bible more."

For physical and spiritual health, it's "just what the doctor," and Our Great Physician, "ordered."

I'm very, very grateful for good quality water to drink everyday but, also, more so, for the Living Water, Jesus Christ, and my Bible--I should never take them for granted.


To participate and read other thankful hearts, visit Laurie at Women Taking a Stand.  Thanks, Laurie, for hosting this month!

post signature

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Amen, may we all drink deeply from the living well daily.

February 10, 2011 at 7:07 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Denise,
You're amazing! I literally just posted that--wondered how I could have a comment already! Bless you this day with the Water of the Word to cleanse you, and God smiling and singing over you!
Blessings,
Wendy

February 10, 2011 at 7:13 AM  
Blogger child of God said...

I so agree with this! I think it is so cool how God made us. I think it is 90% or 80% of our body is made up of water. We need water more than food or we will dry up like a prune. Jesus is the Living Water and if we don't have Him our souls dry up too. Everything about God can be found in life, sometimes I just cannot see how most people cannot see God in everything that we are and in the world around us. He is shouting at us through our bodies and through creation.

Great Post Wendy,
<><

February 10, 2011 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Child of God,
More great analogies! (Any more? Let's see how many analogies we can come up with!) I totally agree that God has set the world up to shout to us of His existence. It's not that we are "making up" analogies, but rather we are discovering truths that He has purposely put there to point to Himself and spiritual realities!
Great comment!
Wendy
(When I get home later, I will look for MORE WONDERFUL ANALOGIES that you and others have thought of!! Yay, I love this:) Like a scavenger hunt for God!

February 10, 2011 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger Jessica Kramasz said...

I love the water analogy. I'm so thankful for the Living Water!
Jessica

February 10, 2011 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Jessica,
Yes, God has made it impossible to live without water, physically or spiritually, and it satisfies the deepest hunger and thirst, refreshing and giving life!
Blessings,
Wendy

February 10, 2011 at 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home