This Page

has been moved to new address

Recipe of the Week: Vanilla Almond Crunch

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Recipe of the Week: Vanilla Almond Crunch

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Recipe of the Week: Vanilla Almond Crunch

     Here is my promised recipe for a frozen dessert that's easy, "special" and delicious!  The first time I made it, I caught my husband (this is so unlike him) downstairs by our chest freezer sampling some before the company arrived :) !  And asking for seconds later!
Vanilla Almond Crunch
1 (4 oz.) package slivered almonds
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup crushed rice cereal squares (I use Rice Chex)
1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened


  • Toast almonds in the melted butter.  Remove half of almonds from butter and set aside.


  • Combine crushed cereal, brown sugar, coconut and salt with remaining almonds and butter.  Pat mixture gently into a 9x13x2" pan.  Bake in moderate (375°) oven 5 minutes.  Cool.


  • Spread ice cream over cooled crust.  Decorate top with reserved almonds.  (I just sprinkle them over the top.) Freeze until firm.  Cover tightly, and return to freezer.  Makes 10 servings. (This is very rich, so a little goes a long ways, but so good you might get asked for seconds!)


  • Additional suggestion which I've never actually tried (let me know if you try it): Try serving with chocolate sauce:)

I hope you enjoy this recipe--Happy Hospitality!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger the W. family said...

This looks very good!
~the W. girls

November 5, 2009 at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home