This Page

has been moved to new address

Thankful Thursday: The Love of God and The Magic of Ordinary Days

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Thankful Thursday: The Love of God and The Magic of Ordinary Days

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday: The Love of God and The Magic of Ordinary Days


It's Thankful Thursday, and I'm thankful for the the love of God--now don't zone out, think about it really--the kind of love that takes an undeserving wretch like me and faithfully loves me, even though I don't appreciate Him and love Him the way that I should, and even though I often give other people and things the attention and devotion that He deserves and even though I am not grateful and actually am incapable of loving Him without His help. Is there a person on earth who would keep loving sacrificially the way God does? I'm thankful that God loved me so much, He died for me, before I loved Him back. (1 John 4:10,19--"Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation (offering/sacrifice) for our sins...We love him, because he first loved us."

The movie "The Magic of Ordinary Days" (click here to go to cbs.com for more information on this Hallmark movie) is to me a picture (albeit an imperfect one) of God's faithful love for me.
CBS.com:  "Keri Russell, Skeet Ulrich and Emmy Award winner Mare Winningham star in this new 'Hallmark Hall of Fame' presentation. Set during World War II, the poignant love story is about an unwed pregnant woman who is sent to a small Colorado town to marry a lonely farmer who agrees to raise her child as his own."
I recommend this film to you, even if you don't agree with me about the analogy being a good one. But, in any case, let these words remind you of a more perfect love--that of Christ for you. I am very thankful.
Click on Laurie's blog for more thankful posts.







Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger i said...

What a lovely post! I too am thankful for God's love, goodness and mercy eventhough I don't deserve it.

Many blessings to you!

December 10, 2009 at 10:50 PM  
Blogger the W. family said...

Mrs. G,
I totally agree with you. :)
We really like the example of forbearing love in this film too!
~Alyssa

December 11, 2009 at 7:27 AM  
Blogger Deborah Ann said...

Thank you for reminding me of God's unfathomable love, it really is overwhelming. I love HIM so! The movie looks like my cup of tea, I'm going to see if it's listed in my TV program.

Blessings, my dear sister in Christ!

December 11, 2009 at 9:10 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

LaLaine, When I stop to really think, really think, about God's love, it is...well, indescribable.
Thanks for your comment:)
Wendy

December 11, 2009 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Alyssa and Deborah Ann, Thanks for your comments. We borrowed the movie from someone, but you can also buy it from a Hallmark store or from Amazon. I know you'll love it Deborah, as Alyssa and I do!
Thanks, ladies!
Wendy

December 11, 2009 at 5:44 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Hey, Wendy!
Could you send me your physical address so I can mail you the book?

Thanks.

December 11, 2009 at 6:32 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Hi Jennifer! Actually, I sent it to you yesterday using the email address from your website (jblovez2read@earthlink.net). Let me know if you still don't get it, ok? Thanks so much again for the book! I'm so excited to read it!
Wendy

December 11, 2009 at 8:37 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Such a nice post.

December 12, 2009 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger Nancie said...

Hi Wendy, thanks for your visit and encouragement! I missed Thankful Thursday last week as I was unwell. So glad to read your encouraging post. I am so thankful too for the Love of God. It is His love that saved me and changing my life so wonderfully. Take care and hope you have a blessed week!

Blessings,
Nancie

December 13, 2009 at 11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home