This Page

has been moved to new address

Homeschooling Includes Domestic Skills: Food Friday:

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Homeschooling Includes Domestic Skills: Food Friday:

Friday, February 12, 2010

Homeschooling Includes Domestic Skills: Food Friday:

Yes, happy! I love this! I bought it at an antique shop a month or two ago. Today it occurred to me that it goes well with our Food Friday theme.  I love the old-fashioned look of this, that it's wooden, has hearts and swirls on it (I love hearts and swirls), that it has a rosemaling look to it, and the sweet, modest feminine way the girl is dressed. Most of all, I like the message.  It's not a burden to a young girl, it's not a "ball and chain", it's not "oh you poor dear" to teach her domestic skills. It's not an outrage, or demeaning to her.

Happy(!) is that girl who has learned to cook! What a gift to be skilled in this area. She will be blessed all her life to be able to give joy to others through this skill. Moms, it's so important that you make certain she learns--either from you or from a book. She'll be so happy she did and she'll thank you!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home