This Page

has been moved to new address

Are You A Kindred Spirit? Kindred Connection Link-up Starting Today!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Are You A Kindred Spirit? Kindred Connection Link-up Starting Today!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Are You A Kindred Spirit? Kindred Connection Link-up Starting Today!

Windy Poplars

Are you a Kindred Spirit?  I hope so.  I would love to meet more of you. I think I've found a new one.  And she's started something. This isn't an "I'll follow you if you follow me" thing. You know, sometimes you find out you've followed or are being followed by someone who really won't appreciate what you do. So Kristin at "Windy Poplars" is setting out to start a new kind of thing--well here's how she said it:

"The goal: to connect with and get to know other Kindred Spirits and their blogs. Is your blog a KS blog? Chances are it is if you blog about some (or all) of the following things: marriage, faith, family, homemaking, decorating, crafts, cooking, travel, saving money, style, and a little bit of everyday life!"
(Don't you just love that? It gives me a warm feeling just reading it.)
So, if you truly are a KS, visit Kristin at Windy Poplars and grab the button, copy and answer these questions in a post (or comment if you don't have a blog), then link up with Mr. Linky, and visit other Kindred Spirit blogs.  I hope there are lots of you who I haven't met yet who really are Kindred Spirits:)
 
1. If you could describe your desired lifestyle in one word, what would it be?
Oh, I can't do this in one word, but:
Lots of people, lots of hospitality, good food, travel to many places and meeting more people, quiet family times in between, and sharing Jesus Christ and being used in His service...(except for wanting more travel, it sounds like what I've had!)
2. What style of home is your "House of Dreams"? A large 1800's house, like these: (you said "dream" didn't you?)


3. If you could live in a fictional story/movie, which would it be and why?
That's a really hard one. But maybe because I just watched "Facing the Giants" recently, I would say that movie, because it's a life of expectant faith, believing that with God anything is possible!  A life of being used of Him and seeing everything and every moment in my life as His vehicle for bringing glory to Himself!
4. Do you prefer coffee or tea? Favorite kind?Definitely coffee!  I just found a chocolate truffle coffee bean made in Minnesota! Can you believe it?
5. Share the last sweet/romantic thing your hubby did for you.
My husband scheduled a time for each of us (myself, my son and my daughter) to have him all to ourselves once a week!  And on my night last week, he took me out for dinner, and listened and talked, and shared Vanilla Bean cheesecake--it was wonderful!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Hi Wendy! It's so nice to meet you - thanks for participating in our first party today! I hope the Kindred Connection idea will grow and become a great avenue to help other Kindred Spirits find each other. We'll see what God has in store! Love your dream home pics! I wouldn't mind a beautiful old stately home like that myself :-) Oh, and what your hubby did for your family - one on one time...what a treasure! I hope you have a wonderful day! Look forward to getting to know you better and following your blog :-)

April 7, 2010 at 10:29 PM  
Blogger Jami Balmet said...

Hey Wendy! I'm glad you participated in the Kindred Connection! I have met some great new friends through Kristin's blog.

And aaw your Hubby sounds so sweet! And those houses...wow they are amazing!!!

April 8, 2010 at 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home