This Page

has been moved to new address

Guest Post by Alyssa

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Guest Post by Alyssa

Monday, October 25, 2010

Guest Post by Alyssa

  I thought I would share with you one of my favorite poems! 
~Alyssa :)
 
The world, I thought, belonged to me - 
Goods, gold and people, land and sea - 
Where'er I walked beneath God's sky
In those old days my word was - "I".

Years passed; there flashed my pathway near
The fragment of a vision dear;
My former word no more sufficed,
And what I said was  - "I and Christ".

But, O, the more I looked on Him,
His glory grew, while mine grew dim.
I shrank so small. He towered so high,
All I dared say was - "Christ and I".

Years more the vision held it's place,
And looked me steadily in the face;
I speak now in a humbler tone,
And what I say is  - "Christ alone".

~ Unknown


Wendy's note:  I am so honored to have Alyssa (and her sisters Amy at Pressing Toward the Goal, and Ana at Everything Good) guest posting this month.  Please visit them all.  You will find Alyssa at Days to Remember.

Alyssa at Days To Remember


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home