This Page

has been moved to new address

Messy: "A Strange Way to Save The World"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Messy: "A Strange Way to Save The World"

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Messy: "A Strange Way to Save The World"

I've been thinking all week about the fact that my thoughts aren't like God's thoughts and His ways are not like mine.  Let me explain.  If I'm planning something--an event, happening, or just trying to get something accomplished--I want everything to go smoothly.  I want it to go without any problems, glitches or snags--"neat and tidy" you might call it.


God doesn't think like me.  His perfect plan--God's PERFECT Plan, the one He put into place before the beginning of the world--was for Jesus to be born of a virgin, that she take a long trip close to her due date, riding on a donkey, that there be no room for them at the only hotel in town, and that she have her baby, God's Son, in a stable.  That was His Perfect Plan.  Nothing went wrong. It went just as He wanted it to.


All week long I've been thinking about how purposely "messy" it was.  I've been thinking about how, on days when I think things are not going well, or when there's a "mess" in my life, God might have been planning for things to go that way.  (I'm not talking about when there's obvious sin that's causing the problem.)  How do I respond when situations in my life don't turn out "neat and tidy," the way I think they should.  My attitude is that "neat and tidy" is what God wants, and that I'm sinning somehow, or not as mature as I should be, or "not measuring up," or something, if things aren't going smoothly.  I tend to analyze to see what I or someone else did wrong.  I tend to try to figure out how I can avoid the glitches, snags, and PROBLEMS the next time.  I tend to be upset with myself, or someone else, if I think they were "to blame."


Maybe, though, the way God sees it, it was just perfect.


When Jesus was born, God's plan was perfect. And yet. It was. Very. VERY... "messy."






"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways,
and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55:8-9
post signature




Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Vijaya said...

Yes! I struggle the same way too, as you said, Wendy. Thank you for shedding light on that topic.

December 28, 2010 at 6:56 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Vijaya,
Thanks for sharing. I'll be writing more on this in the next few days, or next week. The question sometimes comes to me: what does it look like if I could live my life perfectly?
Blessings,
Wendy

December 28, 2010 at 1:10 PM  
Blogger Katherine S. Cole said...

Ohh, that is so good! Sometimes life just stinks... and it is so good to be able to realize that maybe it happens to be exactly perfect the way it is.
And I like that song. :)

December 28, 2010 at 11:37 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I love that song, because it's so beautiful, but also it expresses questions that they must have asked. Also, it expresses the vulnerability of my heart, when I don't understand why things are going the way they are. And it expresses an approaching God and not running from Him when I'm hurting or don't understand.
Thanks so much for commenting:)
Blessings,
Mrs. Gunn

December 29, 2010 at 12:05 AM  
Blogger Seizing My Day said...

YES!! its true ... God tells us in ALL things give Thanks with our prayers... Thanking Him for ALL things (not just the good - smooth things) =) We can take Joy in knowing in ALL things He is working in us and around us... Loving us... and around us!! =) it has been a while since I visited... but glad I did.. I can always use this little reminder to keep my days grounded in Him.. b/c He does have a different plan that I do... and I need to be flexible to give my day to Him when it goes off "my" plan! =)

December 29, 2010 at 1:10 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Hi Jenn!
Good to see you again--you packed a lot of truth into your comment. Amen! Thanking Him in all things is definitely an act of the will, and something like practicing piano--you just gotta do it--eventually you'll start to enjoy the results.
Thanks so much for commenting!
Blessings,
Wendy

December 29, 2010 at 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home