This Page

has been moved to new address

Read This and Be Encouraged!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Read This and Be Encouraged!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Read This and Be Encouraged!


Mondays are G.R.E.A.T.!
 Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart. Psalm 32:11
Are you glad? Are you great? Or are you "fine"?  Often we answer automatically when asked how we are:  fine.  But fine may mean "Feeling In Need of Encouragement"!  Are you needing encouragement, especially at the beginning of the week? In my continuing effort to encourage you (and me), I'm starting a meme, or carnival, or whatever you want to call it, beginning next Monday. This is my first time at this, so I hope you'll encourage me by joining in! (I'm working on a button, and that will be coming eventually!)

It's encouraging to realize that God has helped us through the week, sometimes in little ways.  What did God use to keep you going this week?  Post a word, a Bible verse, or any little thing which the Lord did this past week to strengthen, encourage and keep you hangin' in there, pressing on and looking up, and then link up!


Don't Overlook the Little Things!
Let's be looking for little "God-sightings"--and not miss the little ways He's helped us through the week--and then share them!  The most encouraging thing sometimes is sharing my own discouragement and how God helped me through it by some very little thing.  Don't think it has to be "big"--just share it!  


FINE or GREAT?
Time to replace your
FINE: F(eeling) I(n) N(eed) of E(ncouragement)
With GREAT:
G(lad) R(ejoicing) E(ncouraged) A(nd) T(hankful)!

Be glad in the Lord and rejoice!
The word glad makes me think of the movie "Pollyanna." Do you remember it?  Great family movie.  Hayley Mills, in the title role, played the "glad game." When life handed her something unpleasant, she would think of something in the situation for which she could be glad! Her wise father taught her the "glad game" when, on the mission field, she received crutches, instead of a doll which she'd been longing for, in the missionary barrel.  Seeing her deep disappointment, her father made up this game and encouraged her to find something she could be glad for in the crutches.  After much thought, she realized she could be glad because she didn't need them!  Pollyanna possessed an even and consistently cheerful disposition.

The dictionary definition of the word disposition "implies customary moods and attitude toward the life around one."


So, I asked myself, "What is my customary mood?"  Pained, I had to admit that it is far from evenly and consistently cheerful, like Pollyanna's.


That's when I started thinking:  I need a jump start on Mondays.  I need to be glad.  Maybe you do, too.  Add to the normal struggle to keep one's customary mood and attitude even and consistently cheerful the fact that everybody goes around saying how miserable Mondays are, and well, it's time for a change! 


How God Kept Me Going This Week
There were two things the Lord did this week that greatly encouraged me.  I was sitting on my sofa in the Family Room having some extended time of prayer, actually two different times (kind of unusual, lately) and the presence of the Lord moved in so real and so close.  So real. So close.  You know.  Like you could actually reach out and touch Him.  You feel like if you open your eyes you're going to see Him. I knew that He was there and I knew that He'd heard me!  It was awesome.  And I really, really needed that.


And, the second thing was that you sent me comments on my blog and notes in the mail that were so warm and loving and specifically appreciative and encouraging, and you didn't know that I needed encouragement right then, but they came at just the right time.


I don't tell you often enough, but I am glad for you, for what you write on your blogs, and what you say in your comments to me.  Your continued desire to live your life for the Lord, and your not growing weary in well-doing, even when you suffer for doing right, and even when you're going through trials. That is such a huge and ongoing encouragement to me.


So, be glad in the Lord and rejoice with me! And look for the little ways that God is helping you--and then post, comment, and link up next Monday!
Because "Mondays Are G.R.E.A.T.!"
post signature

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home