This Page

has been moved to new address

Random Thoughts and Praises

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Random Thoughts and Praises

Monday, July 26, 2010

Random Thoughts and Praises

Does Minnesota ever get really hot?
90's or 100's Fahrenheit?
This lemonade looks very refreshing today
for it felt almost
"hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk"!
 It's going to be hotter tomorrow.
So thankful for air conditioning.


Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
James 1:17
I spent the day quietly.  Extra time in the Word this morning.  A couple of phone calls to friends who I haven't talked to for awhile.  Getting things put back in order.  All our company has gone home.  Though we loved having each and every one of them here, we admit to being just a little tired.  (For the last 6 weekends in a row we have had overnight company staying with us. The last two weeks we have had company. And the 4 weekends before the last 6, in which we had overnight company, were filled with graduation events.) Yesterday after church we all took very long naps.  A few days ago, I thought that this upcoming week would still be a little busy, because I would be attending one Bridal Shower, and co-hosting a Baby Shower at church for about 60-70 people the next night!  But, in just a few days time, both events have been wiped off of my schedule.  This morning, I spent quite a bit of time planning out my week, so that I could get everything done and, especially, not forget anything.  About 11:30 a.m., I got a phone call and found out that, due to scheduling conflicts, the Baby Shower which my friend and I were going to be hosting on behalf of our church was going to be postponed until the end of the summer.  I sat down, took out my notebook and looked at my schedule for today and this week, and found myself checking things off, saying, "Don't have to do that...don't have to do that...don't have to do that..."

Remember last week when I re-posted the article about not worrying or fretting because, in my past experience, God has always canceled something whenever I felt overwhelmed or He thought it was going to be "too much"?
Well, He did it again!
I guess He thought I needed a break.
(or...maybe He has other work for me to do?)

Today, though....I went outside...
sat on the deck in the shade...
and read a book.
It is the first time all summer
that I have done that!!
It was wonderful.


Gratefulness
Tonight, friends came by to borrow our chairs
and a table for their youngest daughter's wedding,
a small family affair,
which will take place on Saturday.
We heard again how God has marvelously brought
their daughter and her husband-to-be together, 
how wonderfully matched they are
and what a blessing it has been for
the whole family
and all the little ways God has been doing
"abundantly above" all they could
ask or think. We have been praying for a few years
for God to bring around her "special one," in His time.
We are reminded of the
perfectness of God's timing, and
how He continues to show His
love to His children in very special ways.
The girl's mom assured me, as she left, of her
continued prayers for "others."
(near and dear to us...)
Seeing God answer prayers so beautifully,
rejoices the hearts of those who've been praying,
and gives hope to those who are
still waiting for their "special one".
We know that God's timing is perfect,
and we are so grateful for the ways He's shown His
love and for all He has given.
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
 Ephesians 3:20-21
Hope you're all having a great start to your week, and realizing in a special way God's amazing grace and love for you!

post signature



Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Great post, love you sis.

July 26, 2010 at 10:02 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Wendy,
What a lovely entry! I have two sons in their twenties, no girlfriends...
Thanks for the reminder that I need to "wait on the Lord" and stop worrying and fretting. Actually, that's a pretty good game plan for life, isn't it?!

God Bless You,
Sharon

P.S. Your flower pictures from Saturday were absolutely gorgeous. Ah...the handiwork of God!

July 27, 2010 at 4:26 AM  
Blogger Kel said...

Wow, you have been a busy lady! :) Sometimes we just need to stop and be with Him to re-energize ourselves. Glad you got a nap in! :)

July 27, 2010 at 5:49 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Sharon,
Trusting in the Lord is a great game plan--I am not as consistent as I want to be in that area, but God is faithful, even when I'm not. My family grew the flowers (my husband and daughter), but I'm pretty proud of the photos--every once in awhile I get a good one:) They were the largest dahlia blooms you've ever seen this year!! I made the first photo my desktop background:) I'm really hanging on to summer right now, because it goes so fast and it'll be school time again like that (snap!)
Thanks for the comment, Sharon; and for following!
Blessings,
Wendy

July 27, 2010 at 7:32 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks, Denise, love you back!
Wendy

July 27, 2010 at 7:33 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Kel,
Yes, almost too busy, but God got us through! I'm really hanging on to these last few days of July!! Like trying to stop a locomotive. We're expecting severe storms today, and it might keep me home, which wouldn't be a bad thing. The Lord keeps on heaping it on--this week is a gift. This day is a gift! Oh, Lord, let me never forget!
Blessings, Kel! Have a great one!
Wendy

July 27, 2010 at 7:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i'm a new follower, thanks for stopping by!

Christy HomeMom.com

July 27, 2010 at 7:54 AM  
Blogger Marsha said...

Wow! You have been busy! We had guests leave this morning and I'm setting the house back to rights. I served your Mexican dip last night and they devoured it! I did change a few things about the recipe to match our tastes, and it was a huge hit! Thanks!

July 27, 2010 at 12:12 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Marsha,
How fun! I would love to know what changes you made! (I'm always making changes to recipes.) I love when others try "my" recipes--thanks so much!
Wendy

July 27, 2010 at 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home