This Page

has been moved to new address

A Sovereign God Is On His Throne--Hallelujah!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: A Sovereign God Is On His Throne--Hallelujah!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Sovereign God Is On His Throne--Hallelujah!

"How can I say thanks
for the things You have done for me.
Things so  undeserved,
yet you gave to show Your love for me.
The voices of a million angels
could not express my gratitude.
All that I am, and ever hope to be--
I owe it all to Thee.
To God be the glory, To God be the glory
To God be the glory, for the things He has done.
With His blood He has saved me,
With His power, He has raised me
To God be the glory, for the things He has done."


These are the words to an old Andrae Crouch song, which we had sung at our wedding.  I began to write out my thanks today, and my words began almost exactly like this song, so I decided that Mr. Crouch had put it into words much better than I.  That's what's in my heart today.  To God be the glory for the things He has done.


Though sometimes my heart aches.  Though there is pain in the world.  Though sin seems to raise its ugly head everywhere, even in Christians, and in me.  Though at times I feel there is no earthly reason to hope...God is on His throne! He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords! Jesus Christ is coming again, maybe soon! I will keep my eyes on Him. I will trust in Him, no matter what things look like on earth, no matter how bad, no matter how Satan may appear to be winning, for I KNOW that my God reigns and He has won the victory. He will place all His enemies under the feet of Jesus.  He has purchased my pardon, and I will live with Him forever.

I am so thankful for His love, for His grace, for salvation, for the promises I find in His Word, and I stand on those promises today!  (Do I hear an Amen?!)
Thank You, Lord, for everything.
I love You.


To participate and read other thankful hearts, visit Iris at Grace Alone--thank you, Iris, for hosting this month!
post signature
References:
Revelation 19:15-16:

15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
 16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Revelation 7:10-12:

10And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
 11And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
 12Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
Psalm 13:

1How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
 2How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?
 3Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;
 4Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.
 5But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.
 6I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.




Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Kramasz said...

Beautiful words. Amen.

March 18, 2011 at 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home