This Page

has been moved to new address

Thankful Thursday: Prayer for Our Country, Our Churches, and Our Families

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Thankful Thursday: Prayer for Our Country, Our Churches, and Our Families

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Prayer for Our Country, Our Churches, and Our Families

It's Thankful Thursday (To participate and read other thankful hearts, visit Iris, at Grace Alone; thank you, Iris, for hosting this month!)


I am so, so grateful that I have the freedom to not only pray, but ask you to pray, and talk about prayer, and so on and on and on!  Prayer changes things, doesn't it.  I do not want to take this for granted.  I'm grateful for the promises regarding prayer, that God listens, that He invites us to pour out our hearts to Him, that the example throughout Scripture is of His children being overwhelmed, but finding help, comfort and relief when they cried out to the Lord.  The Lord has never let me down, though I often feel overwhelmed.  He is always faithful and loving.


  I have felt a deep yearning to pray (fervently), and I am asking you to join me.  This week I sent out an invitation to many friends, and I want to extend it to all of you dear blogging friends around the world, too!  Though one of the prayer targets is my own country, of course you should feel free to pray for the country you live in, or the whole world, if  you feel so led!  


Here are the words directly from the invitation:

An invitation to Join in Fervent Prayer.

You are invited to participate
in a Special Prayer Emphasis
for our Country,
our Churches,
and our Families...

The effectual fervent prayer of a
righteous man availeth much.
James 5:16
...from your own homes, offices or wherever you pray, for
the six weeks leading up to Resurrection Sunday,
beginning this Sunday, March 13, 2011.
Two weeks of prayer for our country, followed by
two weeks of prayer for our churches, followed by
two weeks of prayer for our families.
(Optional:  fast a day or meal on Monday or Friday.
You may choose to pray alone or organize to pray with others.)
Prior to each two week period, a list of suggestions to pray for related to each theme will be available to you, if you so desire.
(I will be posting a list of suggestions by Sunday,
March 26th for the theme of our Churches,
and by Sunday, April 10th for the theme of our Families.)

Please invite many others to participate~
Won't you Join me in A Time of Fervent Prayer?
(Click on this link for The Specific Suggested Prayer Requests for the first two weeks of prayer for our country.)
post signature



Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home