This Page

has been moved to new address

Food Friday:

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Food Friday:

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Food Friday:

There's a fine line between trying to make healthy meals for your husband and "mothering him."  It's a line no wife should cross.  No man wants to be "mothered."  Our job is to be his wife and to make him happy.


"It's really good for you--you'll love it!
What do you mean it tastes like straw?!"


I frequently fall off this tightrope, but I know I should fall off more often on the right side.  This past week I made a recipe which made my husband happy.  Not ecstatically, mind you, but moderately so.  I told you, I haven't got this down (sigh).


So, here's the recipe which I'm sure my husband would be happy to eat again.  Oh, and I'm linking up again this week with "What's Cooking Thursday"--check it out!


Recipe for Crescent Cheeseburger Bake
Oh my goodness!  I was so busy cooking, I forgot to take pictures!  Next time:)


Serves:  4-5 (If your family's like mine, then you should double this recipe, so you actually have some leftovers!  My family of 4 ate every crumb.)


Ingredients:
3/4 lb ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheddar or American cheese  (I used cheddar.)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 egg
1 (8 oz) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (Buy Pillsbury Crescent Rolls--they're the good ones--this isn't a time to scrimp)


Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  • In large frying pan, brown beef and onion; drain.
  • Remove from heat; stir in remaining ingredients, except rolls.  Set aside.
  • Separate crescent dough into 4 rectangles.
  • Place in ungreased 11x7-inch baking dish.  Press over bottom and about 1/2-inch up the sides to form crust.
  • Spoon meat mixture into crust.
  • Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
Now, don't say a WORD about it being unhealthy.  Just let your husband Enjoy It!!
post signature


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home