This Page

has been moved to new address

Thankful Thursday: My Top 10 Thanks Today!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Thankful Thursday: My Top 10 Thanks Today!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday: My Top 10 Thanks Today!

Ungrateful.  J. C. Ryle's "Do You Pray?" pricked my conscience.  I don't thank God sufficiently for the multitude of mundane manifestations of His goodness which He pours out upon my life daily.  Do I suppose these everyday events are not spectacular enough to mention?  Yes. And I have become blasé about His blessings.
I've attempted these last few days since discovering my ingratitude, to open my eyes and heart to the Love of the Lord lavished upon me in ordinary ways.


My Top 10 Thanks Today:

  1. A Husband of Integrity and industry. He rarely, if ever, misses a day of work, plows and shovels immediately after a snowfall, never complains about having to work hard, rises early, fixes things that break.
  2. A Home to keep me warm and dry.
  3. 8 years cancer-free.  I'm alive! And healthy. (Why me, Lord? Thank You.)
  4. 14 pounds lost in the last 3 weeks.
  5. A God Who hears my prayers and answers.
  6. The freedom and privilege to be a Keeper at Home.
  7. Returned energy after illness.
  8. Appliances which still run after 17 years, and a furnace which still works after 25.
  9. No major trials. (Maybe I should be praying for some.)
  10. Sunshine and warmer weather this week.

Today is Thankful Thursday!  Visit Laurie at Women Taking a Stand to participate and read other thankful hearts.  Thanks, Laurie, for hosting this month!


What Everyday Blessings Are You Taking For Granted?  Join me in Thanking God Today!
post signature

Labels: , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Kramasz said...

Wonderful everyday blessings, thank you for sharing.

February 24, 2011 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger Joan Hall said...

Wonderful list, Wendy. Whoo Hoo, eight years!

Blessings,
Joan

February 24, 2011 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Annette W. said...

I am thankful for you! You are salt and light in my life ! Hope you are having a lovely day.
Annette

February 24, 2011 at 4:01 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Way to go with the weight loss! And Praise God for being cancer free for 8 years!

February 24, 2011 at 4:14 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Jessica,
We often think we have to have a "miraculous" moment to give Praise out loud--it's not so!
Blessings,
Wendy

February 25, 2011 at 7:51 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Joan,
Reading others' stories this week made me realize how grateful I should be. Why me, Lord? By His sovereign will, I'm alive, and I thank Him.
Blessings,
Wendy

February 25, 2011 at 7:52 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Annette,
I am likewise very grateful for your friendship, and your family's! Thank you for your constant love--for me and for the Lord!
Blessings,
Wendy

February 25, 2011 at 7:54 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thank you, Kathryn!
I'm pretty excited about the weight loss, I have to admit, and cautiously optimistic about further loss. Yes, definitely Woohoo! Almost 9 years cancer-free!!!
Blessings to you,
Wendy

February 25, 2011 at 7:55 AM  
Anonymous Whidbey Woman said...

Wow! Such a grateful heart you have! Enjoyed reading your list. Love the pretty roses on your blog,too. I can practically smell them :) Congratulations on being a cancer survivor! My husband has Colon Cancer, and I blog about that. God has given us many miracles. The fact that he is still alive is one of them! He's had cancer for 5 1/2 years now.
I came over from Thankful Thursdays. I spend the weekends getting caught up. Have a great week!

February 27, 2011 at 2:14 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Whidbey Woman,
You who are the caregivers are my heroes (and heroines). I have been over to your blog awhile ago. I pray that your husband will improve and your prayers be answered.
Joining you in prayer,
Wendy

February 27, 2011 at 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home