This Page

has been moved to new address

Food Friday: Recipe for Chocolate Coconut Candies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Food Friday: Recipe for Chocolate Coconut Candies

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Food Friday: Recipe for Chocolate Coconut Candies


For Food Friday this week, as promised, I'm sharing a couple of the recipes from the Valentine Meal I made my hubby and son last week.  The menu was:


Raspberry Chicken with Long Grain and Wild Rice
Spinach, Broccoli and Carrot mix
Bread Sticks
Chocolate Coconut Candies


The recipes will be posted separately, but linked to here.
I am also participating in "What's Cooking Thursday" for the first time.  I hope you'll check it out for some great new recipes!


First, Dessert!  I told you last week that my hubby likes coconut, so I thought these would be great!  When I make them next time, I will reduce the chocolate, as he likes coconut more than chocolate:)  These came together really fast for a special treat.


Recipe for Chocolate Coconut Candies
Makes about 30
Ingredients:
1-3/4 cups powdered sugar
1-3/4 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 cups (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp shortening
Directions:
  • In a large bowl, combine the powdered sugar, coconut, almonds and condensed milk.  Shape into 1-in balls.  Refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.  (I FROZE them for 1 HOUR.)
  • In the microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening on high for about 1 minute; stir.  Microwave at additional 10-to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.  (I used longer intervals, like 30-60 seconds, but your microwave might be more powerful than mine.)
  • Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off.  Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.  Store in an airtight container.  (I recommend using a spoon to lower the balls into the chocolate. This is really sweet, so don't worry if they're completely covered.  It helps if the balls are frozen, then it doesn't get quite so messy, and they won't fall apart.  I stored these in a Tupperware container in the fridge.)

Sweet!  Enjoy!
post signature


Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home