This Page

has been moved to new address

Thankful Thursday: What God's Been Saying to me

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Thankful Thursday: What God's Been Saying to me

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday: What God's Been Saying to me

It's Thankful Thursday and today I want to share with you something God has been speaking to me about this week.  I am purposing to respond to the Lord's prompting through the Holy Spirit and to be *listening* for His voice.  I believe I have been quenching the Spirit--grieving Him--by hearing, but ignoring, His promptings! Here is how I was made aware of this, for which I am very thankful today.


On Sunday a man who is a good friend of our family shared a testimony at church.  He began by saying that one evening a week before he had been thinking he should call his friend Al, who lives in another state, and who had been a business associate for many years, but more importantly, had become a dear and close Christian brother in the Lord to him.  In recent months they spoke on the phone almost every day.  But this night it was getting late, and my friend was tired and he thought, "Even though I know he'll still be up, it's late and I'm tired, and I'm just going to wait and call him in the morning."


The following morning he went to the phone, but before he could pick it up to call, it rang!  It was fairly early, and when he heard Al's brother on the other end of the line, he was surprised, for he never called.  My friend said, "Why are you calling?  Is there anything the matter?  What can I do for you?  How can I help you?"  The brother of Al replied sadly that Al had suffered a massive heart attack in the night.  He was still alive, but not doing well.  It was not long after that he passed away.  My friend was able to drive across country to attend the funeral and be with the family.  But God had impressed on his heart an urgent message.


Though he knew that Al was saved, and could rejoice not only that he was with the Lord, but that he would see him again, my friend was devastated to realize that he would never be able to talk to him again this side of heaven.  He knew God had been prompting him to call and encourage his friend one more time.  On Sunday, he shared his passionate heart's desire to never again delay in responding to the promptings of the Lord.


His testimony moved me greatly, for I could relate, though I had not had to suffer such dramatic consequences!  I knew that I must change.  I could think of many times recently when I had been prompted to do something, but ignored or pushed away the prompting!  Not all thoughts which I have are from the Lord, but I knew that some were!  I realized I had been disobeying, confessed my sin, and purposed to listen, and recognize the Lord's voice when He spoke, and *respond immediately*!


It's been a wonderful week of more closely walking with the Lord, as I've been focused on attentiveness to Him.  Now that I have been listening, I have heard Him speak many times!  I am so thankful that the Holy Spirit made me aware of my sin, that God is so gracious to forgive, and that He continues to speak to me and lead me.


To participate and read other thankful hearts, visit Iris at Grace Alone.  Thanks, Iris, for hosting this month!
post signature


Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Wendy,

This was a tremendous testimony. Yes, it's so important to be listening for the Lord's prompting, to have our eyes open for the opportunities He brings our way. And then, of course, we have to be obedient and follow up!

I hope that the Lord helps both of us to be care-full servants, and that we always respond quickly to His Voice.

GOD BLESS!

March 3, 2011 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger annies home said...

I believe we should always be ready when the Lord may speak to us throught actions or someone else we never know what blessing we may miss if we are not ready

March 3, 2011 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger child of God said...

It can be hard, sometimes, to obey God. For me, usually it is that first step that gets me. :)

Blessings,
<><

March 3, 2011 at 8:59 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Hey Sharon! I've been praying for you, dearie. How are you doing? Your comment made me feel very good. Thank you. I'm glad you thought it was a good testimony. I will pray for all of us to be responding quickly to His Voice--and I say a hearty Amen.
Bless you--I think you're a very good "listener."
Wendy

March 3, 2011 at 11:11 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

shopannies,
You are so, so right! It is actually we who will miss out the most by not responding to His Voice! (I have to wonder what I have been missing lately.) It's been in those moments when I responded to some "little" word from Him, that He has blessed me the most. Very much like the little mustard seed growing into a gigantuan tree.
Thanks so much for commenting!
Wendy

March 3, 2011 at 11:14 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Yep. I totally agree. The first step of obedience is often the hardest. You hit the nail on the head.
Wendy

March 3, 2011 at 11:15 PM  
Anonymous Bobbe Brooks-Fischle said...

Wendy,
What a gripping reminder to slow down, listen and obey. I've had an experience like Al--and it's life-changing. As always, thank you for nuggets of truth that inspire, enrich and challenge us. Abundant blessings from the Rockies!

March 6, 2011 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Bobbe,
Thank you! I would love to hear about your experience sometime. "Life-changing" experiences--that's where I've seen God at work in my life--how about you?
I have been thinking about you a lot lately. How is your husband doing? I'll be over soon to "see" you.
Blessings,
Wendy

March 6, 2011 at 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home