This Page

has been moved to new address

Food Friday: Recipe for Greek Chicken

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Food Friday: Recipe for Greek Chicken

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Food Friday: Recipe for Greek Chicken

This recipe was taken from one of my absolute favorite cookbooks, by one of my all time favorite cookbook authors!  It's entitled "Holly Clegg's trim&TERRIFIC™ Freezer Friendly Meals."  I use this cookbook very, very often.  (This is an unsolicited recommendation.) I learned to love Holly's recipes when I had cancer, and bought Eating Well Through Cancer. (I still use many of those recipes today.)


I often purposely cook more than I need and freeze the rest, or make a double recipe and freeze one for future use.  This cookbook is a fabulous help to me.  Freezer Friendly Meals has excellent information on freezing most everything you will ever make.  Each recipe comes with information for eating it right away, or freezing it for later use.  This is also very helpful when making food to take to another family.


The recipes from this cookbook are always delicious--I can count on it--the instructions are easy to follow, and Holly gives fabulous suggestions for variations and time savers that work!  You can tell she's actually made these recipes in her own home.  I heartily recommend this cookbook to you!


Recipe for Greek Chicken
Serves:  6-8


Ingredients:
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 cup chopped green onions (scallions)
1 Tbsp dried basil leaves
1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes with juice
1 tsp light brown sugar
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese


Directions:
In a large non-stick skillet coated with non-stick cooking spray, sauté the chicken and green pepper over medium heat, about 5 to 7 minutes or until peppers are softened.  Stir in green onions, basil, oregano, thyme, tomatoes, and brown sugar.  Simmer about 15 minutes or until the chicken is tender and the sauce thickens slightly.


To Prepare and Eat Now:
Before serving, stir in the feta and serve chicken and sauce over pasta.


To Freeze:
Cool to room temperature, wrap, label, and freeze.  Recommended freezing time:  up to 2 months.


To Prepare After Freezing:
Remove from freezer to defrost.  Reheat in a non-stick skillet over low heat until well heated.  Stir in the feta and serve over pasta.


Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 170, Protein (g) 28, Carbohydrate (g) 7, Fat (g) 3, Calories from Fat (%) 15, Saturated Fat (g) 1, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 71, Sodium (mg) 420, Diabetic Exchanges: 3:5 very lean meat, 1.5 vegetable


I'm participating in What's Cooking Thursday again this week--Join Me!
post signature

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Keli said...

yum! Thanks for sharing at What's Cooking Thursdays!

www.savingthosedollars.blogspot.com

February 24, 2011 at 9:09 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

My pleasure! Love new recipes, Keli!
Thanks,
Wendy

February 25, 2011 at 7:49 AM  
Anonymous Phyllis said...

We made this Friday night -minus the green peppers because my husband doesn't like them. It was wonderful! We added it to our recipe collection.

February 28, 2011 at 7:00 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Oh! I'm so glad, Phyllis! And it's good to know you can leave out the green peppers and not miss them! I love hearing that people have tried and enjoyed "my" recipes! Thanks for sharing that--makes my day!
Blessings,
Wendy

February 28, 2011 at 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home