This Page

has been moved to new address

Mother's Day Thoughts and Encouragement

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Mother's Day Thoughts and Encouragement

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother's Day Thoughts and Encouragement

Life moves fast.  The meaning of holidays can get lost in the shuffle. Mother's Day is a holiday which can rush up and rush by in the busyness of this time of year, for me.  But I'm stopping today to think and share encouragement about being a mom. Read this, if you're a mom of little children. I'm sure it was the Lord Who led me to read a few of my last year's posts on the theme "A Mother's Heart." Short and sentimental, this one's entitled, "Treasure Them While You Can."
Every year I find myself wondering, "What can I do for, or give to, my mother that will bless her this Mother's Day?"  This morning I woke up with the idea of writing my mom a thankful letter for all she is and has been in my life.  In fact, I thought that each one in our family should write a note of thanks to her.  Perhaps I was unconsciously prompted by last year's Mother's Day post, which my husband wrote. I had forgotten that he wrote this until I began reading past posts, and I might have lost this tender and timely message, had it not been recorded here.


Please read Make Your Mother's Day Special--Honor Your Mother, written by my husband. It's partly history of the holiday, partly exhortation to all who have a mother, and profoundly thought-provoking. It was presented to our Home Church which met on Mother's Day last year.


Finally, as a mom, I am very proud of my children. But God gets all the praise. Read this heartwarming story that tells of "A Good Day In The Life of a Mom" when I received something that all moms look forward to getting and treasure forever when they do.
Happy Mother's Day!
post signature

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie M. Page said...

Beautiful words Wendy!! =)

May 5, 2011 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks, Stephanie and Happy Mother's Day to you!
Wendy

May 5, 2011 at 3:59 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Really enjoyed reading here today, Wendy!

Have a wonderful Mother's Day - and keep up all the hard work that you do in your home. I just know that your family rises up and calls you *blessed*!!

GOD BLESS!

May 7, 2011 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Sharon,
It's almost Californian weather here in Minnesota today, and we are enjoying it. May your day be blessed tomorrow, and you receive the honor that you deserve. May the works of your hands bring you praise.
Have a wonderful Mother's Day!
Wendy

May 7, 2011 at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home