This Page

has been moved to new address

To the Ironing Board and Beyond!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: To the Ironing Board and Beyond!

Thursday, March 26, 2009

To the Ironing Board and Beyond!

Words from some hymns I sang in my time with the Lord this morning: they lifted my spirit, I hope they do the same for you :)
"Nor silver no gold hath obtained my redemption,
Nor riches of earth could have saved my poor soul;
The blood of the cross is my only foundation,
The death of my Saviour now maketh me whole.
I am redeemed, but not with silver,
I am bought, but not with gold;
Bought with a price--
the blood of Jesus,
Precious price of love untold."

More Like the Master
"More like the Master is my daily prayer;
More strength to carry crosses I must bear;
More earnest effort to bring His kingdom in;
More of His Spirit, the wanderer to win.
Take thou my heart, I would be Thine alone;
Take Thou my heart and make it all Thine own;
Purge me from sin, O Lord, I now implore,
Wash me and keep me Thine forevermore."

I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go
"Perhaps today there are loving words Which Jesus would have me speak;
There may be now, in the paths of sin, Some wand'rer whom I should seek,
O Saviour, if Thou wilt be my Guide, Tho' dark and rugged the way,
My voice shall echo the message sweet, I'll say what you want me to say.
I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord, O'er mountain, or plain, or sea;
I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord, I'll be what you want me to be."

I'll say what you want me to say:
to the young woman in the Mexican restaurant we visited yesterday (I gave her a tract, but could I have done more?). To the eye doctor I will see today, would the Lord have me say a word about Him? When I sing and speak and live before my children and husband at home, am I saying what He wants me say? Am I willing to go to the bank and to the ironing board to iron shirts for my husband today?
"I'll go where You want me to go, dear Lord, I'll say what You want me to say."
Convicting words for me. Challenging. But, by His strength and power, I'll do it :)

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger robert said...

Thanks for the posting of "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go," and "Nor Silver Nor Gold," two fine hymns. If you enjoy reading about our hymns and their authors, I encourage you to check out my daily blog on the subject, Wordwise Hymns.

Incidentally--you'll chuckle at my ignorance--I saw the acronymn SAHM, and it wasn't familiar to be. H-m-m, I thought, is that some kind of new cult? A quick check on the Net identified you as a "stay at home Mom." Now I know! God bless.

May 19, 2010 at 7:56 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Robert,
Welcome! Glad you stopped by. Hymns, yes, I do so love them; they bless me, encourage me, and speak so much solid Biblical truth to my soul. I love reading about them, too, so I will check out your blog!
I don't chuckle at all--nor consider it ignorance--because I hesitated to use the acronymn SAHM at all, as I don't know acronymns myself, but for space considerations, I did so! I'm glad that you could find out that SAHM is not a new cult! It is a wonderful way of life, though!
Blessings,
Wendy

May 19, 2010 at 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home