This Page

has been moved to new address

Food Friday: Two Recipes This Week! Recipe for Pasta Fagioli Soup

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Food Friday: Two Recipes This Week! Recipe for Pasta Fagioli Soup

Friday, January 14, 2011

Food Friday: Two Recipes This Week! Recipe for Pasta Fagioli Soup

Because I've been pretty negligent these last few weeks over Christmas vacation in posting recipes, I'm going to try to make it up to you by posting TWO recipes this week.  Make sure you scroll down to see the recipe below for Ginger Spice Cookies!  They are so, so good.  But, for those of you who are looking for some more healthy recipes this time of year, here's a super good one for you!
My friend, Margie, makes the most delicious recipes, always using the freshest and healthiest ingredients. She puts a lot of love into her cooking, and you can taste it!
This recipe includes some of my favorite ingredients, such as spinach and beans. And my favorite spices: basil and oregano.
I hope you'll enjoy this recipe of hers, for


Pasta Fagioli Soup!
Serves:  12-16
Ingredients:
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 medium onions, chopped
8 cloves garlic, minced
2 (28 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
6 cups water
4 cups cooked navy or black beans
2 Tbsp basil
1 tsp oregano
4 cups cooked pasta (elbows or shells)
10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed
6 Tbsp Braggs liquid aminos or soy sauce


Directions:
Saute onion in olive oil 5 minutes.  Add garlic and cook 2 more minutes.  Add tomatoes, water, beans, basil, oregano, and spinach.  Bring to a boil and simmer 20 minutes.  Stir in cooked pasta and Braggs liquid aminos.  Serve hot.
Enjoy!
post signature


P.S.  I have linked up with 4 Moms: Link up with Soup and you can go there to find more great soup recipes!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home