This Page

has been moved to new address

Thankful Thursday: Sick

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Thankful Thursday: Sick

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Sick

Well, I'm not feeling very well today, nothing major...but being sick in bed makes me feel sad and lonely. Isn't that pathetic? A good day to at least participate in Thankful Thursday, reminding myself to be thankful! (To read other thankful posts and participate, visit Spiritually Unequal Marriage.  Thanks, Lynn, for hosting this month.) I do have much to be thankful for at this very moment because my son and daughter are helping clean house! They, (and I, when I feel a surge of energy) are cleaning because Lord willing, we will have back-to-back events at our house this weekend, barring any illness or snowstorms, that is.  Our annual Christmas Skating party and potluck was rescheduled for this Saturday due to one of the earlier blizzards.  Less are able to come, but that's ok, still 30 or more.  Sunday, we host Home Church. We'll have to tear down and re-set-up Saturday late and Sunday early.  Since both events will have a potluck, we also have some cooking to do.  I'm trying not to think about all that has to happen before then, but SO, so grateful that I have helpers, and the sun is shining, and I can stay in bed (mostly) today.  And last, but not least, I'm thankful for all of you!
post signature


Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Phyllis said...

Take care - get plenty of rest. Hope you feel better soon.

January 6, 2011 at 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Tiff said...

Yay for cleaning! Make sure you rest and stay hydrated, and I'm sure you'll be your old self again soon!

January 6, 2011 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. So glad that you are able to keep a cheerful and thankful spirit even when you're not feeling well!

January 6, 2011 at 2:14 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thank you Phyllis! I will.

January 6, 2011 at 2:33 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Oh, thank you, Tiff. Your words cheered me.
Wendy

January 6, 2011 at 2:34 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Kathryn,
What a blessing to have the thoughts and good wishes like yours--it really makes me feel better.
Wendy

January 6, 2011 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Just catching up a bit. Loved your latest photos from Washington DC. My baseball-loving husband would be so jealous of your trip to the museum in Louisville. You might even have caught a picture of him kissing Ken Griffey, Jr.!!

Hope you're feeling better soon - praying that God will be real close. I always feel really small and vulnerable when I'm sick. So just tuck in to the Lord's arms.

GOD BLESS!

(Wendy - where's the Elisabeth Elliot link? I'm probably staring it right in the face...)

January 6, 2011 at 7:25 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks, Sharon. I'm heading to bed right now. For the Elisabeth Elliot link, you have to go ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM of my blog, and on the left of the 3-column section, there's a section called "Moving Messages" and Elisabeth Elliot's messages are the very first one. There's a lot of good stuff down there to link to, so anyone else who's reading this and has never gone down to the bottom, this is your chance. You have to dig deep for the good stuff, you know!
I appreciate your prayers, cuz I actually feel worse now than earlier, and I'm gonna take my fever to bed.
Lots of Love,
and I hope your hubby gets a chance to go to that museum someday--he'd love it.
Wendy

January 6, 2011 at 9:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wendy,

Girl, hope you are feeling better today.. And your events, hope they were delightful. Happy TT. It's going to be a wonderful year in service to our King. Hugging you. Lynn

January 7, 2011 at 9:53 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks, Lynn. I'm a little better, and we are just now waiting for our first guests to arrive. I hope everything goes well, too:) It IS going to be a wonderful year in service to our Lord, (Lord willing) I totally agree! And, oohh, I so appreciate the hugs. And hugs back to you.
Wendy

January 8, 2011 at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home