This Page

has been moved to new address

A Monument to a Man of Integrity: George Washington

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: A Monument to a Man of Integrity: George Washington

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Monument to a Man of Integrity: George Washington

The Washington Monument











"George"

 "Martha"



  The Character of George Washington:
"...pious, just, humane, temperate and sincere...
his example was as edifying to all around him,
as are the effects of that example lasting."




 Photos below are what you see from the windows at the
top of the Washington Monument.















post signature



Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Loved the photos, Wendy. Those words said about George Washington - quite a legacy. Wouldn't it be nice if we left similar words behind??

GOD BLESS!

January 4, 2011 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Exactly what I was thinking! It's amazing to me that George Washington has managed to keep a good name through 200+ years. It was so gratifying to go to Mount Vernon and see and hear what an upright man he was. I would love that to be true of me, as well, but I fear there is so much work yet to be done in my character.
I need the prayers of others--will you pray for me, Sharon?
Wendy

January 4, 2011 at 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home