This Page

has been moved to new address

Brides, Weddings and Anniversaries!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Brides, Weddings and Anniversaries!

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Brides, Weddings and Anniversaries!

This has been the most unusual June ever! First, the weather: I am tempted to turn the heat back on, as I sit with two layers of clothing looking out at the cloudy day with temperatures in the last few days in the 40's and 50's! But we finally got rain!! Praise the Lord!!! How can anyone not think of the Creator, when we are so dependent on Him for sun and rain and even the very breath we breathe! The weather is a good reminder to me of my dependence on Him.
Secondly, it's an unusual June and summer, because there are 4 weddings! We have been busy: our friends' daughters marrying means bridal showers happening this summer! We are in charge of Rachel L.'s shower Thursday night! I am happy that there appears to be a good turnout coming, and I think it will be a fun evening! In 2 1/2 weeks will be her wedding and we will be housing the groom-to-be, a completely new experience for us :)
What is a groom-to-be like on the days just before his wedding??? Hmmm. It will be interesting to see and to get to know him a little, as we've only seen him a few times. We count it a privilege.
We celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary last week by going with our children and my mom and sister to the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre to see Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and we thoroughly enjoyed it! The singing, acting and very-athletic-dancing were excellent! (And I was very relieved that the show was modest throughout.) The additional songs not heard in the screen version were beautiful, and I was thrilled with the blending of their voices! What is it called when three people each first sing their own little song, and then they put the three together, each singing different words, but at the same time? Well, I'll have to look that one up, because I don't remember, but it was tremendous to listen to! I will also attempt to add photos or video, but for now I will add a link, so you can see the costumes and cast and even a preview of the show! If you live in the area, you'll have to hurry, though, if you want to see the show, because it ends June 20th!
http://www.chanhassentheatres.com/box-office/show-details.asp?id=57#showvid

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home