This Page

has been moved to new address

Strawberry Trifle Recipe on Food Friday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Strawberry Trifle Recipe on Food Friday

Friday, May 13, 2011

Strawberry Trifle Recipe on Food Friday

You're all wondering what happened to my recipe earlier?  Well, as you know, Blogger has been unavailable for awhile, so I was unable to post this recipe.  I checked this morning and it was still down.  I had forgotten that I'd put together a "skeleton" of my Food Friday post earlier in the week, just to save time in this busy week of remodeling.  Well, I had to go into the cities and take my mom to a doctor appointment, and when I got home I found out that you got a half-baked recipe this week--but not intentionally.  No, I wasn't teasing you!


Here is the recipe I intended for you.  Kelsey made this for Mother's Day.  Obviously we like Strawberry Desserts! (Check out that link for a dessert and a potato bake recipe.) If you've never tried making a Trifle, they're very easy, look impressive, and are delicious!  You can find small trifle bowls fairly cheaply at WalMart, etc., but any dish with fairly straight sides will work.  Have some fun and make a Trifle this week! They're really a great dessert for spring.

Recipe for Strawberry Trifle
Serves: 8-10
Ingredients:
1 cup cold milk
1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
1 pkg (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix (we used white chocolate pudding mix)
1 tsp grated orange peel
2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
8 cups cubed angel food cake
4 cups sliced fresh strawberries


Directions:
  • In a large bowl, beat the milk, sour cream, pudding mix and orange peel on low speed until thickened.
  • Fold in whipped cream.
  • Place half of the cake cubes in a 3 quart glass bowl.
  • Arrange a third of the strawberries around sides of bowl and over cake.
  • Top with half of the pudding mixture.
  • Repeat layers once.
  • Top with remaining berries.
  • Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 375 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.

Yum!
Enjoy!
post signature


Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

After all the ridiculous Blogger problems, it was a delight to come here and look at something DELICIOUS!! Thanks for sharing, Wendy -

(Do you think Blogger could figure out a way to get just one little taste of Strawberry Trifle over to my mouth???No, probably not - they've got enough trouble with their own stuff!! :)

GOD BLESS!

May 13, 2011 at 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home