This Page

has been moved to new address

Needing Encouragement? Mondays Are Great! Linkup!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Needing Encouragement? Mondays Are Great! Linkup!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Needing Encouragement? Mondays Are Great! Linkup!

Glad Rejoicing Encouraged And Thankful!
Feeling a little beaten up? Feeling your work might be all in vain?  Wondering if it's all worth it?  Discouraged? Press replay and watch again this last week and look for God.


He was there.


Do you see where He was helping, encouraging, perhaps molding you into Christ's image?  Write it down. Post it. Share it.  Be encouraged and let God use you to encourage someone else.  Don't delay. Write that testimony down now, post it, and link up.

This was a rough week, for half a dozen reasons, and at the end I felt in need of the encouragement which I'm trying to foster through this linkup.  On our 45-minute drive to church this morning, I was praying.  Feeling discouraged, I said, "Jesus, help."  Immediately these words popped into my head: "Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice." That was the Lord, alright, reminding me that I should be led by the Spirit, not my emotions. I thought of all His goodness and rejoiced in thankfulness.

Singing the hymns during the church service, I knew God was answering my questioning heart.  Is my blogging worth it? Does what I do here really matter? I'm trying to be a Titus 2 older woman, but is anyone listening?  "Not I, but Christ."  He softly spoke, "If what you're singing is truly your heart's desire, your heart will fill with joy." These are the words we sang:
Not I, but Christ, be honored, loved, exalted;
Not I, but Christ, be seen, be known, be heard;
Not I, but Christ, in every look and action;
Not I, but Christ, in every thought and word.

Refrain:
Oh, to be saved from myself, dear Lord,
Oh, to be lost in Thee;
Oh, that it may be no more I,
But Christ that lives in me.

Not I, but Christ, in lowly silent labor;
Not I, but Christ, in humble, earnest toil;
Christ, only Christ! no show, no ostentation!
Christ, none but Christ, the gatherer of the spoil.
The next hymn put the period on the message Christ spoke to me:
"Channels Only."
"Thou hast saved and cleansed and filled me
that I might Thy channel be...
But with all Thy wondrous pow'r flowing thro' us
Thou canst use us every day and ev'ry hour."
Reminded that I must keep my eyes on Him, just obey and do the work He's given me to do, and not worry about the results, but leave that with Him, I'm encouraged that He will use me as His channel in this world. My labor is not in vain in the Lord. And yours isn't either.


How did God encourage, help and speak to you this week?
Write a post (or a comment). Include a link back here to my blog and "Mondays Are G.R.E.A.T.!" Publish your post, then copy the url of that post in the lower space of the Linky box below. Put your name in the top space and hit Enter. That's all there is to it! If you have a blog, please tell your readers about this linkup.
No blog? No problem!
Just write what God's been doing in a comment here!
Where did you see God this week?
post signature



Labels: , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

So glad you stopped by! Please send some encouragement this way with comments of how the Lord's been working in your life this week or lately! Do you have questions? Feel free to ask here or, if you'd rather, email me at faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com
Blessings,
Wendy

May 15, 2011 at 8:40 PM  
Blogger Joan Hall said...

Hi Wendy - I'm linking my 1000 Gifts with you also today. We don't have to look far to see His blessings.

Have a wonderful week!

Joan

May 16, 2011 at 6:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Wendy,
I found your blog through Joan. I appreciate your passion for encouraging younger women. I'm a pastor's wife in my thirties and I believe in women connecting with women. I mentor women in their twenties and I appreciate the older women who have mentored me!

May 16, 2011 at 6:53 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thank you for linking up! I love reading your posts. Absolutely true, Joan, God is so good, and we don't have to look far to see His blessings. This morning He has sent bright sunshine to cheer! My daughter and a friend are playing beautiful music on the piano. Thankful for all His gifts.
Blessings,
Wendy

May 16, 2011 at 10:23 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Beck,
So glad to have you visit! I, too, believe in women connecting, and the power of sharing God's Word with one another. Thank you for sharing a little about yourself--Hope that we'll be able to get to know one another better here.
Blessings,
Wendy

May 16, 2011 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Vijaya said...

<<>>

Wendy,
my dear friend,

apart from the encouragement you got yesterday,
I have to tell you how many times I have blessed and encouraged by the Lord through your words. Praise the Lord! Otherwise how would I find your topic on the blog, to be exactly the same I am thinking about? I knew it was the Lord speaking through you & your writing. There are many times I have been challenged to pray & pray more and to trust in the Lord, not to lean on my own understanding, understand that the fit I am throwing about certain "events" that bothered me was actually bitterness! You have been ministering to me on all the occasions I got time to read(although I can't read everyday). So please be encouraged. The Lord is working in me through your encouragement. I have to say I am blessed by your words and your loving friendship! Thank You for writing. Glory to be the Lord Jesus!

May 16, 2011 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I love how you said "press replay and look for God."

That's why it's so good to look back. Sometimes we get so caught up in all the troubles of everyday life, we fail to see God's hand at work. But it is working - yes, indeed - all the time!!

Our labors are not in vain - for we toil for our unchanging and unfailing God.

GOD BLESS!

May 16, 2011 at 12:26 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Dear, dear Vijaya,
Thank you my friend.
Love you lots,
Wendy

May 16, 2011 at 4:10 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Sharon,
Thanks for linking up--your writing always encourages me. It is important to replay our lives, because they whiz by so fast, to see not only where God's been, but to learn the lessons He's been trying to teach us.
Blessings,
Wendy

May 16, 2011 at 4:13 PM  
Blogger Jami Balmet said...

I linked up! And it's actually Monday so I'm on time :) Loving this time to remember to be in thanksgiving for all that God has given us...even if it doesn't seem like a blessing at the time.

May 16, 2011 at 5:18 PM  
Blogger Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Lovely link up -- God has shown Himself to me in so many small and yet wondrous ways. In the smile of my Samuel as I let him ride in a cart to the new pea shoots popping out of the clay. It's beautiful. And personal.

Have a wonderful rest of your Monday! {the whole twenty minutes}

Rachel

May 16, 2011 at 11:40 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Jami,
Just returned home from the ER where I spent the evening with my mom--she's fine and home now--but I look forward to reading your post tomorrow! Thanks so much for linking up! It's an encouragement to me just that you linked up, and I know your post will be a blessing to all who read it.
Love,
Wendy

May 17, 2011 at 12:31 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks, Rachel. It takes a little thought and practice to become alert to see God and what He's doing around you and find joy in those little encouragements of a smile and new plants popping their heads up. You are so right: it is very, very personal, and very precious. I love that about God.
Blessings,
Wendy

May 17, 2011 at 12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home