This Page

has been moved to new address

Hidden and Safe on Thankful Thursday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Hidden and Safe on Thankful Thursday

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hidden and Safe on Thankful Thursday

Firm Faith Needed
Lessons learned through remodeling continue to abound.  A faith firmly planted on God's Word is indispensable at times like this.  The mess is making me feel a little overwhelmed.  But, I know this "trial" is meant to teach me something. 


Redoing all the flooring on the whole main level of our home at one time might have been a little too much, though.


Reading my Bible this morning, I chewed on each verse and savored the meaning of one of my very favorite Psalms, Psalm 27.


For in the time of trouble
he shall hide me in his pavilion:
in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me;
he shall set me up upon a rock...
therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy;
I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.
Psalm 27:5, 6


Now, I realize that this isn't really "trouble."  (Read this post, if you are going through a real trial.)  It's not like when I had cancer or anything.  But, sometimes blessings are more difficult "trials," because we think we should be "just fine."  In any case...


I am hidden.  Hidden away from harm.  I picture a turret (something like what Rapunzel must have lived in) within a fortress or castle.  Within that fortress, there is a tabernacle, and in that tabernacle, His tabernacle, I will be singing praises.


Throughout the day today my thoughts kept returning to that verse, and I would tell myself, "I am hidden away in His pavilion." And pondering the precious promise that I was ...safe.  Guarded.


It's easy to think when trials come, "I just have to get through this."  I don't want to just "get through" this project.  I want to ride high above the storm where all is calm.  It's not only this project.  There are 3 or 4 big things going on in my life--remodeling is only one of them--and that's about 2 too many.  Like a computer, when there are too many things required of my brain at once, it locks up.


Yesterday, my brain locked up.  Today was a better day, because of bathing my brain (and soul) with the promises of God.


It reminded me of John 15:7:
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you,
ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit;
so shall ye be my disciples.
My deepest desire is that I will bear much fruit and be truly His disciple.

Visit Laurie at Women Taking a Stand to read other thankful hearts. Thanks, Laurie, for hosting this month!

Just on a side note, I'm hoping to be able to post my own videos on my blog in the future!  I've been not only learning heart lessons from the Lord, I've been learning new skills.  Today I learned how to edit a video using Windows Live Movie Maker.  Just the basics.  But I did it.  I don't know if I will post that one, but I have an idea for another one that I will definitely post.  So, be looking for a video soon!
post signature


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home