This Page

has been moved to new address

Series on Modesty: Modest Dress Photos

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Faith's Firm Foundation: Series on Modesty: Modest Dress Photos

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Series on Modesty: Modest Dress Photos

As the adage goes, "A picture's worth a thousand words."  With that in mind, here are the first of many posts of photos, in our Series on Modesty, of women and girls of all ages, shapes and sizes wearing modest clothing.  If you have thought about the subject of choosing your clothing based on not causing men to stumble or lust in their hearts, and wanting to please God in all things, then I hope that you've taken the time to read, "Does What I Wear Matter To God?"  and "Why Do You Dress That Way?"  This is a topic which is so important in our day and age.  I don't pretend to have all the answers on this subject, but I, with you, want to explore this subject, and ask God to lead us.

Our church did a survey of men on what caused them problems in women's dress.  Check out the results of the Modesty Survey.


I am purposely choosing a vast array of styles to show that anyone can look nice, and express their own style, and still dress modestly.  It's sometimes difficult to find appropriate clothing at an affordable price, and in your size.  I have found success at finding skirts and tops at reasonable prices in thrift stores.  I like dressing in skirts and tops, because of the flexibility this gives me to mix and match.  Also, my body type looks better in separates than in dresses.  What works for you?



post signature


Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks for tackling this issue, Wendy! (It's a great time to do this, before summer starts :)
I've also enjoyed a little pamphlet on modesty called "The Look" by Nancy Leigh Demoss. I appreciate your *older woman* wisdom - keep up the good work!

May 18, 2011 at 7:04 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks, Lisa! Yes, Kelsey went through that ("The Look") and had her dad look at it and then they talked.
The start of warmer weather can be a "downer" because of the disrobing of America. God has clothed the trees and fields with beauty. May we be so appropriately dressed.
Thanks for all your encouraging words.
Wendy

May 18, 2011 at 8:01 AM  
Blogger Joyfull said...

Thank you for your kind comment over At the Well. When I came to visit your blog, I was so blessed by this series. This subject is very dear to me as a Christian woman and also a mother of three sons. But what a blessing this was this week as I am struggling with a modesty issue with a friend. Your information is fantastic and biblical. Praying to share with her with grace.

May 18, 2011 at 9:06 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thank you, Joyce. So glad you stopped by and that the Lord used this Series on Modesty. I'll pray for you as you share with your friend. That's never easy, but sometimes has to be done. May He give you grace and the ability to speak the truth in love.
Wendy

May 18, 2011 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

Great post and much needed. It seems that sometimes modesty, for both young men and women just "flies out of the window" in our churches today. I am really not a fan of over-dressing, but when I see folks in our church with cut-offs and tank tops... that is when it becomes a distraction to other worshipers. God bless, Lloyd

May 18, 2011 at 10:44 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Lloyd,
Couldn't agree more. I tried to teach my children, still learning myself, to be neat, clean, modest and appropriate in their dress. This, in my mind, would fall into the not "appropriate," even though it might be modest, category.
Thanks,
Wendy

May 18, 2011 at 10:56 AM  
Blogger Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Such a tough issue in our society. If I'm in doubt over something I'm wearing, I try to "throw it out".

May 19, 2011 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Modesty is a tough issue, especially if we consider only our own preferences, and do not consider our brothers and sisters. Reading in 1 Corinthians today, I was reminded of the love for others that Paul exhorts us to show, that removes participation in, or practicing, that which causes my weak brother or sister to stumble. May I be more loving, and more concerned for others.
Wendy

May 19, 2011 at 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Hi and welcome to my blog! Come on in and make yourself at home! I love connecting. Comments are the way to do that! Tell me about yourself. Please connect back, ok?
Blessings,
Wendy
If you would rather, my email address is faithsfirmfoundation(at)embarqmail(dot)com

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home